Elvis-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat about The King . . . Elvis Presley!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lee Memphis King

Go down 
+13
TCBinaflash
Rockin T
llonewolf13
Dean Mack
Lorna
AJETA
elvis777.com
jim santana
Young Elvis
DARREN H
petemoore(meaty)
anita
MickyVegas
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MickyVegas

MickyVegas

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:49 pm

Hi Everyone

Lee is on stage at Buxton Theatre on Sunday night with his show, Im going, looking forward to it.

Regards

Micky Vegas

TCB For The King
Back to top Go down
http://www.myelvistribute.co.uk
MickyVegas

MickyVegas

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:52 pm

Hi Guys

As promised my reveiw of Lee Memphis King at Buxton Opera House.

The show started at 7.30pm, Firstly Buxton Opera House is a brilliant venue, we had seats in the stalls on row J, which is 10 rows from the front, yet it seemed so close to the stage, the whole place is like a tardis, its big yet you never seem too far away from the stage. Anyway we got seated and there was two video screens either side of a huge Elvis Light on the back drop, the stage was so deep, on the video screens they were playing clips from BBC's Worlds Best Elvis Competition, which Lee Finalised in. As Vernon Kay announced Lee Memphis King on the video out he came on stage in Black pants and white jacket with white shoes and got straight into Blue Suede Shoes, he did about 5 songs in this era of the 50's/60's, then he left stage while the backing band and singers, who where brilliant, sang How Great Thou Art, then the music changed to the 68 comback theme tune from the 68 comback show, he came on stage and got the 3 other guitarists to come to the front of the stage and they sat on chairs right at the lip of the stage, all I can say is it was like watching the video of Elvis in the 68 Comeback, absolutley fantastic, he opened with Lawdy Miss Clawdy. Then when he had done about 6 or so songs they all went back to their places on stage and Lee went off stage while the backing singers did G I Blues. He then came on in the 2 piece white If I Can Dream Suit and sang If I can Dream. That was half time, after a tipple at the bar we sat down 15 mins later and on came 2001 Space Odessy and the drum roll, then on came Lee in the Concho Jumpsuit, he strutted the stage as Elvis did and picked up his guitar and reeled off See See Rider. The rest of the show was great, he did all the favourites and even had all the joking with the band and the audiance. His voice is amazing although I think Elvis's Early years songs suit him better, he sounded more true to Elvis in them songs, but the mannerisms, moves and show where great. A brilliant night and I would deffo go see him again

Micky Vegas

TCB For The KIng
Back to top Go down
http://www.myelvistribute.co.uk
anita

anita

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:33 pm

Glad you had a good night Micky and enjoyed the show

Anita
Back to top Go down
petemoore(meaty)
petemoore(meaty)

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:26 am

glad you enjoyed it mate
Back to top Go down
DARREN H
Admin
Admin
DARREN H

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:42 am

Thanks for the review Micky, glad you had a good time mate!
Back to top Go down
Young Elvis

Young Elvis

Number of posts : 459

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 12:16 pm

nice 1 bud, ive seen him 4 times, i wanted to go to this as i went to see him at buxton last time but couldnt Sad

next time though!!
Back to top Go down
jim santana

jim santana

Number of posts : 587
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:49 pm

Hi Joe nice to see ya back fella.
Cheers
Jim Santana
Back to top Go down
http://www.jimsantana.co.uk
elvis777.com

elvis777.com

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:25 am

I WHENT TO SEE LEE MEMPHIS KING BUT ON HIS ADD IT SAID THAT HE WAS THE BEST IN THE WORLD, I AM FEED UP
WITH ETA'S SAYING THAT THEY ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD WHEN THEY HAVE NEVER COMPETED AGAINST THE WORLD, I WENT TO SEE IF HE WAS THE BEST IN THE WORLD
AND IF HE WAS NOT THEN COMPLAIN TO GET MY MONEY BACK AS FOR THE MISLEADING ADD IN THE PRESS, BUT LEE MEMPHIS KING DID A FANTASTIC SHOW HE IS NOT THE BEST IN THE WORLD NO ONE CAN BE, BUT HE IS ONE OF THE BEST SO I NEVER COMPLAINED, PLEASE DONT MISLEAD BE HUMBLE PEOPLE WILL STILL COME AND SEE YOU.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elvis777.com
AJETA
Admin
Admin
AJETA

Number of posts : 165

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:45 am

elvis777.com wrote:
I WHENT TO SEE LEE MEMPHIS KING BUT ON HIS ADD IT SAID THAT HE WAS THE BEST IN THE WORLD, I AM FEED UP
WITH ETA'S SAYING THAT THEY ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD WHEN THEY HAVE NEVER COMPETED AGAINST THE WORLD, I WENT TO SEE IF HE WAS THE BEST IN THE WORLD
AND IF HE WAS NOT THEN COMPLAIN TO GET MY MONEY BACK AS FOR THE MISLEADING ADD IN THE PRESS, BUT LEE MEMPHIS KING DID A FANTASTIC SHOW HE IS NOT THE BEST IN THE WORLD NO ONE CAN BE, BUT HE IS ONE OF THE BEST SO I NEVER COMPLAINED, PLEASE DONT MISLEAD BE HUMBLE PEOPLE WILL STILL COME AND SEE YOU.

I don't like this "THE BEST IN THE WORLD" thing either Pat.
Has anyone heard of CLAYTON MARK he is on in Torquay up the road from me soon. Check this out on his homepage VEGAS REVIEW JOURNAL USA bottom right "ELVIS NEVER HAD A VOICE LIKE CLAYTON MARK" scratch http://www.claytonmark.com/
Well i can honestly say Elvis never had a voice like me........ THANK GOD lol!
Back to top Go down
elvis777.com

elvis777.com

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:59 am

AJETA wrote:
elvis777.com wrote:

I don't like this "THE BEST IN THE WORLD" thing either Pat.
Has anyone heard of CLAYTON MARK he is on in Torquay up the road from me soon. Check this out on his homepage VEGAS REVIEW JOURNAL USA bottom right "ELVIS NEVER HAD A VOICE LIKE CLAYTON MARK" scratch http://www.claytonmark.com/
Well i can honestly say Elvis never had a voice like me........ THANK GOD lol!

YES I HAVE COME ACROSS HIM NO ONE IN THE WORLD HAS A BETTER VOICE THAN ELVIS, SOME COME CLOSE WE HAVE AN ETA THAT PUTS
GB BEST ELVIS THIS WAS IN 1842 HE SHOULD PUT THE DATE, IT JUST SHOWS THAT THERE IS HUMBLE ETA'S AND THE BIG HEADED ETA'S YOU MUST MAKE YOUR MIND UP WHAT ONE YOU WANT TO BE. I HAD AN ETA SAY TO ME THAT HE SUNG TWO SONGS BETTER THAN ELVIS, I SEE HIM AT A COMP AND ASKED WHAT SONGS HE WAS GOING TO SING AND IT WAS NOT THE TWO SONGS HE SAID HE WAS BETTER THAN ELVIS, I SAID WHY, HE SAID HE SONG THEM LAST YEAR BOTH TIMES HE DID NOT MAKE THE FINALS SOME PEOPLE JUST THINK AND I WILL SAY AGAIN JUST THINK THEY ARE BETTER THAN ELVIS.
Back to top Go down
AJETA
Admin
Admin
AJETA

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 12:54 pm

Very true Pat perhaps these people will get thousands of forums & websites made in their honour & have millions of people around the world making a pilgramige to visit their home & place of birth etc one day. NOT
Back to top Go down
elvis777.com

elvis777.com

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:11 pm

AJETA wrote:
Very true Pat perhaps these people will get thousands of forums & websites made in their honour & have millions of people around the world making a pilgramige to visit their home & place of birth etc one day. NOT

I HAVE LOT'S AND LOT'S OF PEOPLE MAKE A PILGRAMIGE TO MY HOUSE,
I DO I DO ALL THE TIME, LIKE THE TAX MAN, DEBT COLLECTOR, POLL TAX MAN, PAPER BOY, GAS MAN, ELCTRIC MAN, OH OH THE POST MAN, THE WINDOW CLEANER, AND THEY ALL PAY HOMAGE TO MY WALLET OR SHOULD I SAY WHAT'S IN IT, WELL IT'S A START YOU DONT GET FAMOUS OVER NIGHT YOU KNOW. YOURS BEING SILLY PAT:king: THEKINGSKING.king
Back to top Go down
AJETA
Admin
Admin
AJETA

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:38 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
DARREN H
Admin
Admin
DARREN H

Number of posts : 313

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:38 pm

Al I know Clayton Mark, He is ok but he thinks he is a top eta but for me he doesn't do for me. He comes across a bit arrogant for my liking. No
Back to top Go down
Young Elvis

Young Elvis

Number of posts : 459

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 4:58 pm

never heard of him buds, says it all!!
Back to top Go down
elvis777.com

elvis777.com

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:01 pm

I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ME
MY GOD I DONT STAND A CHANCE
I NEED HELP AND LOTS OF IT
Back to top Go down
AJETA
Admin
Admin
AJETA

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:20 pm

DARREN H wrote:
Al I know Clayton Mark, He is ok but he thinks he is a top eta but for me he doesn't do for me. He comes across a bit arrogant for my liking. No

Looks that way Darren if you go on his site & click Elvis Tribute it comes up; THERE IS ONLY ONE ELVIS........... CLAYTON MARK scratch geek
Back to top Go down
Lorna

Lorna

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:25 pm

Clayton Mark was one of the judges in the Walk a Golden Mile comp in Jan and was one at the Ultimate (I think). I have never heard him but he does the ledgends in Blackpool. There is no such thing as The Worlds Best. You are only as good as the audience thinks you are! People have different opinions for what they look for in an ETA and not everyone comes to the same conclusion. I mean I love Shaun Klush but some people dont think he is the Worlds Best either. Different strokes for different folks I think Very Happy
Back to top Go down
petemoore(meaty)
petemoore(meaty)

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:32 pm

i have seen this Clayton Mark at ledgends in Blackpool is was a wedding anni treat from the kid's i was really looking forward to seeing him ,and my god was i disapointed he also did a show case in jan at the walk a mile comp and i have to say he hasn't got any better, also his claim to fame was he shared a swimming pool with Elvis once
Back to top Go down
Lorna

Lorna

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:02 pm

petemoore(meaty) wrote:
i have seen this Clayton Mark at ledgends in Blackpool is was a wedding anni treat from the kid's i was really looking forward to seeing him ,and my god was i disapointed he also did a show case in jan at the walk a mile comp and i have to say he hasn't got any better, also his claim to fame was he shared a swimming pool with Elvis once

OMG did he! I wonder if his claim is true scratch
Im not sure I saw Clayton Mark when he did a showcase, or did I. He musnt have been that memorable if he did. Lmao! Well Ledgens Blackpool must be a far cry from Vegas. Then again I wasnt overly thrilled with that ETA either, he was good like but I thought he would have been better. Lol!
Back to top Go down
Dean Mack

Dean Mack

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:04 pm

petemoore(meaty) wrote:

Seen him, I agree he's crap
Back to top Go down
http://www.deanmack.co.uk
petemoore(meaty)
petemoore(meaty)

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:51 pm

Lorna wrote:
petemoore(meaty) wrote:

Im not sure I saw Clayton Mark when he did a showcase, or did I. He musnt have been that memorable if he did. Lmao! Well Ledgens Blackpool must be a far cry from Vegas. Then again I wasnt overly thrilled with that ETA either, he was good like but I thought he would have been better. Lol!
you must of seen him because you were sitting next to us but we did have quite a lot to drink drunken drunken drunken drunken lol!
Back to top Go down
Lorna

Lorna

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:11 am

petemoore(meaty) wrote:
Lorna wrote:
petemoore(meaty) wrote:

you must of seen him because you were sitting next to us but we did have quite a lot to drink drunken drunken drunken drunken lol!

Lol! Yeh we did didnt we hehe drunken drunken drunken guess I must have blotted it out Surprised Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
llonewolf13
llonewolf13

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 1:10 am

just had a listen to his audio snippets on his site, and, well all i'll say is, if he's the best in the world, and has a better voice than Elvis my F****'n ears have gone abscent somehwere Wolf Growl . i thought his voice was not as good as ten on here i could name, my advice would be to torquay, save your money folks, wait for a good one to come around
Back to top Go down
AJETA
Admin
Admin
AJETA

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:12 am

Wolfie please tell me i am one of the ten.... please Wolfie....Wolfie... please...OK..... Stuff you.......I knew really No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lee Memphis King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Memphis King   Lee Memphis King Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lee Memphis King
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next