Elvis-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat about The King . . . Elvis Presley!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The King's comeback

Go down 
AuthorMessage
charmainejensenvoisine

charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2008-05-23

The King's comeback Empty
PostSubject: The King's comeback   The King's comeback Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 6:29 pm

June 18, 2008

Nikolaos Stavrou

Wednesday 18 June, 2008 12:01am

HE'S been "seen" at 7-11 stores for decades after his death, but Elvis is about to make a comeback of sorts.

The King of rock 'n' roll will live once more as Mark Andrew pays him the ultimate tribute at Panthers on Saturday, June 28. (Details: scroll to end of story)

Andrew will recreate Elvis's NBC-TV '68 Comeback Special, never before seen live on stage.

Hosted by Frankie J. Holden and backed by a 10-piece band and showgirls, Andrew says the night will be one to remember.

"The '68 show was the highest rating (TV special) in 1968. I think Elvis was at his peak at the event ... so I decided to feature parts of that for this show," Andrew told the Mt Druitt-St Marys Standard.

"He was charming, very good-looking, had a fantastic voice and was able to take a song and make it his own.

"Also, he had a way of taking the audience in, or delivering a song in a way that left the audience wanting more."

Andrew has been performing as Elvis for 15 years and is regarded as one of the world's best impersonators.

In 2002, he came fifth at a world competition in Memphis and has headlined The Parkes Elvis Festival for four years.

He featured on The Footy Show and other programs.

"I want to show Elvis in a positive light, with a real energy and authentic looks, and all the arrangements are the same as the '68 show," he says.

"Die-hard Elvis fans will love it and the not-so-die-hard will take something away from it."

Andrew says his show will be split into two parts: first the TV special, then Elvis's hits with Holden narrating.

"I put in as much detail as possible and hopefully people like it."

DETAILS
Time: 7.30pm
Date: Saturday, June 28
Venue: Evan Theatre, Panthers, Mulgoa Rd. Penrith Australia
Tickets: $53.50(plus $1.50 booking fee)
Inquiries: 1800 061 991

Source: http://preview.tinyurl.com/58qkqn
Back to top Go down
http://tributesradio.com

The King's comeback
Page 1 of 1