Elvis-Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat about The King . . . Elvis Presley!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
charmainejensenvoisine

charmainejensenvoisine

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2008-05-23

My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :) Empty
PostSubject: My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :)   My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 4:12 am

Hi Everybody....

hope that you all have had a great week so far, and the weekend is just around the corner. From my end, looks like we are gonna get some more rain grrrr, as though we have not had enough. Just last week, we had like nearly 3 straight days of it. Now it is calling for another couple of days. (however temperatures are gonna be rather high).

Well as some people on here know, I have a son that is challenged, well he is "autistic" and developmentally challenged. His liaison from the group home for autistic persons brings him for a visit to me once every 2 weeks for about 3.5 hours and so he was here yesterday (Wednesday June 25th). We had a lovely visit, my husband and I took him for a very, very long walk thru a nature trail across the street (Duffins Creek - nature trail - wooded area). Quite lovely to say the least - my son enjoyed it and was quite bushed from it when we got back to my place and as I was preparing our supper, he (my son) went and had a catnap on the futon lol and also as he was awaiting for his liaison to pick him up to take him home he fell asleep again on the futon.

Oh another thing about my son, which I do believe "Essie" would understand, as I do believe she has a family member with autism?? As often, individuals with autism do not get to physical (touchy feely) with people. Well for the first time since he was a child, while we were walking thru the nature trail, my son kept putting his arm around my neck and the more time we spend together (he keeps relating more to me by reaching for my hand and making more eye contact) - so this is really positive progress. As you see, sometimes with autism, as they get older, some do regress, and my son seems to be progressing..

Here is a most beautiful and touching photo from our visit together on Wednesday June 25th.. Very Happy

My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :) Charma15

I will also upload a 4 minute video to the YouTube videos section of the forum, of our walk along the nature trail and hope that you enjoy the video as much as I enjoyed walking along the trail with my son and husband...

Hugs Charmaine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://tributesradio.com

PostSubject: Re: My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :)   My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:07 am

thank you for shareing this with us i have a grandson with autism
we hope and prey that one day we will be able to get that close to him seeing this picture has given us hope. god bless you.
Back to top Go down
charmainejensenvoisine

charmainejensenvoisine

PostSubject: Re: My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :)   My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:09 am

Pete,

the day will come I PROMISE YOU THIS!!

If it is any assurance... this is the very, very first time in 21 years that my son has ever put his arms around my neck like this. He must had done this at least a dozen times on our walk. Smile Can you see how excited I am...

Hugs Charmaine
Back to top Go down
anita

anita

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :)   My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:10 am

What a lovely picture Charmaine, this must mean so much to you, the progress can be so slow but each slow step is measured enormously by the feeling you must have had when he held you.

Keep on in there and your love will help him all the way

Anita
Back to top Go down
charmainejensenvoisine

charmainejensenvoisine

PostSubject: Re: My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :)   My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:16 am

Yes Anita it was an amazing feeling.. at first I was uncertain what to feel as he had not done this before and then he kept doing it over and over and over again....

It almost brought me to tears.

Right now at the group home they are working on a form of communication with him, called Pec Symbols (their pictures) and each picture represents something. I am hoping that one day he will communicate with me fluently or near so with me thru these symbols...

I have read over the years on the net, that some persons that are autistic as they get older they regress, my son appears to be moving forward.... This is all too AWESOME!

A psychic a few months ago, saw a pic of him and said she saw a white and blue aura around him (she said a white aura is a rarity). White represents purity.....

Smile

Hugs Charmaine
Back to top Go down
charmainejensenvoisine

charmainejensenvoisine

PostSubject: Re: My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :)   My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:19 am

Pete, did you see the video I put up of my son and I ...
It is in the YouTube section... it is so moving...

It is called A Trek Along The Nature Trail... it is a must check out for you.... you should see part of it where he is by the bridge gazing into the water below the bridge... it makes you wanna know what it is on his mind... and gives you even more hope for persons with autism...

Huuugs Charmaine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :)   My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:20 am

i will take a look
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :)   My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 12:33 pm

That's really lovely Charmaine , i work with adults with disabilities , Autism to Downes Syndrome , and believe me times like this are so important to them , it's a long rocky road but you get what you put in , sometimes it can be frustrating but it's worth it all for day's like these Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :)   My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 12:43 pm

cheers , a big hug to all those out there that society class as DIFFERENT.

the only real DIFFERENCE that matters is the attitude people have towards them. yet everyone is somebodys son, daughter grandchild sister or brother. and we all need the SAME kind of love.

god bless all those little wolves and wolfettes. there will allways be a place in this pack for you all Wolf Growl
Back to top Go down
ANGELA

ANGELA

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :)   My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:04 pm

"What a touching thread"..THANK YOU CHARMAINE......do you realise that by the Guys reaction to you and your lovely special son Michael it has reminded me "WHY" I joined and love being a member of THIS PARTICULAR GANG .
This is more like it Gang cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny
Angela xxxxx sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :)   My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Wednesday walking amongst nature with my special son.. :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elvis-Chat :: ELVIS-CHAT :: European/USA/Canada & Gigs & News-
Jump to: