Chat about The King . . . Elvis Presley!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

hoop of life

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: hoop of life   Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:29 am

Wolf Growl , made it very poignient for me doing a show last night. i was booked to perform at a christening celebration. my indian heritage made it a complete circle for me, celebrating new life as we mourned the loss of another.
no funnies from me on this one, to solomn a night for that, but what a wonderful show it became, the youngsters were having a joint christening party, all under 12 and all Elvis fans, i asked the parents if they were avid fans and they said no, they had played the odd song that the kids might have heard, but not excesive, so the youngsters had picked up on the great man by personal choice'
i did a medley of all the well known numbers from teddy bear thru viva and finished on trilogy, it was magical to have the kiddies dancing around me as i sang, but the most wonderful highlight for me, and i have to say for all the parents was Wooden Heart, without me prompting half a dozen of the little angels formed a line in front of me and bobbed up and down in unison to the beat, i quickly grabbed a chair from the audience and felt the electricity flow thru the hall as i sat surrounded by the kids singing please dont break my heart in two, i just wish someone had filmed it.
i could feel the hairs raise on my neck, it was one of those moments i'll never forget.
the youngest of the four, Theo, a little boy of around seven i'd guess, asked me if i was Elvis, i explained to him all about how i was just a fan of the great man, like he was, and i had a great time explaining all about jumpsuits and microphones and mini discs, i think we have a young recruit to the tribute artist ranks there.
and to cap a wonderful night, on such a solomn night, as i stood outside the hall getting my breath back and relaxing after the show my daughter rang, saying she'd been watching Elvis all night on the TV and suddenley wanted to be with her Daddy. almost made this old cynical wolf cry.
god bless, big man. you still touch all ages even thirty odd years on...
Back to top Go down
croonerman

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: hoop of life   Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:40 pm

Nice one kiddo. he would have been proud..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ANGELA

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: hoop of life   Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:52 pm

Awwww WOLFY..only just read this ......"how touching"
You're a soppy old hound dog after all Smile Smile lol!
WELSH WITCH sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hoop of life   

Back to top Go down

hoop of life
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1