Chat about The King . . . Elvis Presley!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

If you're in Memphis this August...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
steve

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: If you're in Memphis this August...   Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:13 am

I've just been sent this snippet by Charles Stone, who many of you were lucky enough to have met in Porthcawl last Easter, if not before.

It describes the festivities in Memphis August 9th - 16th, where Charles is chuffed to have been invited back to speak again.

Elvis Expo 2008 – Day 1
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. South Hall, Memphis Cook Convention Center, 255 North Main Street, downtown Memphis. . The ultimate Elvis tradeshow with more than 75 booths and 35,000 square feet of Elvis that includes all the latest Elvis music, movies, merchandise, celebrity autograph sessions, authors, artists and photographers, and lots of Elvis freebies and samples. Admission is $15.00 per day. Elvis Insiders Conference attendees are admitted free by showing their conference badge. Tickets are now on sale through Graceland Reservations. Click here to purchase your tickets online or call 800-238-2000.

Guests confirmed to appear in the showroom are: actress Darlene Tompkins, who appeared with Elvis in the movies Blue Hawaii and Fun in Acapulco; dancer Tanya Lemani George, who appeared in Elvis's 1968 television special; Joanne Cash, singer; The Imperials, gospel group and backup vocals for Elvis in Vegas; Celeste Yarnall, Elvis co-star in Live A Little, Love a Little; DJ Fontana, Elvis’s original drummer, who worked with him from 1955-1968; Chris Noel, who appeared with Elvis in Girl Happy; Charles Stone, who helped arrange tour schedules and security for Elvis in the '70s; Marian Cocke, Elvis's friend and private nurse from 1975-1977; Sandi Pichon, an Elvis fan who became a REAL Elvis Insider by getting to know and socialize with Elvis and his inner circle of friends; Edward Faulkner, Elvis's co-star in GI Blues and Tickle Me; Francine York, Elvis's co-star in Tickle Me; Nancy Rooks, Elvis's maid and Author of Inside Graceland: Elvis' Maid Remembers. Cydney Miller, Elvis fan and current Mrs. Tennessee, representing the state in the Mrs. America pageant. More guests to be announced.

The Official Elvis Insiders Conference – Day 1
10:00 a.m. – 4 p.m. Cannon Center for the Performing Arts, 255 North Main Street, downtown Memphis. Hosted by Tom Brown

If, like me, you'll be busy in the UK that week, no worries, as Charles and Sandi Haynes Pichon will be coming over for the Kraig Parker charity concert here on 25th September. Sandi was so determined not to miss the show that she will be following doctor's orders by strolling up and down the aisle every hour on the flight over, so she'll be one of the few people to have walked here from America.

Last edited by steve on Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ANGELA

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: If you're in Memphis this August...   Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:25 am

....yep ! yep! yep!! ...The Jamie/JELVIS.UK CAMP will be in Memphis for Elvis Week cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers and meeting up with Charles, Sandi and friends and have a Scrummy STEAK Meal planned to look forward to... cheers yum..yum!!!!! lol!
Jamie is appearing at THE IMAGES OF THE KING Contest and is honoured to be having the full support of our American friends..who have kindly booked tickets to come along to be with us cheers
Jamie is also singing at the GRACELAND PLAZA (opposite Graceland) on the 11th-8.30pm ...and on the 14th at 12 Noon Smile Smile cheers ..as you can All see I am getting just a little excited now... lol! ..a week today we will be on the plane ..God willing Very Happy Very Happy
VIVA MEMPHIS cheers lol! lol!
Take care and KEEP ROCKIN'
WELSH WITCH xx sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anita

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: If you're in Memphis this August...   Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:30 am

I hope everyone has a fantastic time, I cant make my mind up whether I would want to go to Memphis for Elvis week, the sheer volume of people must be quite difficult to contend with in such a small place.

I think we will go, but I have to say I loved going in September, plenty of heat, plenty of space and plenty of time to see things, although I have to admit the atmosphere must be quite electrifying in August.

Anita
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steve

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: If you can't make it to Memphis..   Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:42 am

As he was busy baby-sitting and revising last Easter, we missed the chance to see young Jamie-Jelvis UK in action at the Brentwood, but I assure you his performance alone will be well worth a trip to Memphis in August.

If however you can't make it there then, as Angela has said, he will be appearing with Kraig Parker and The Royal Tribute Band at the Grand Pavilion on 25th September, here in cooler and possibly less crowded Porthcawl. Sandi and Charles will also be there, along with one or two other American guests, and they would love to meet you all again.

This is a genuinely 'non-profit making' show benefiting no 'production company', just Heronsbridge Special School in Bridgend and some tickets are still available on 01656 815995.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you're in Memphis this August...   

Back to top Go down

If you're in Memphis this August...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1